APPLYING FOR A STUDENT PASS
All international students are required to obtain a student pass (Visa). This is a document issued to applicants (foreign students) (section 30(1) of the Kenya Citizenship and Immigration Regulations 2012, who wish to pursue their education in Kenya's Education or Training Institutions where they have been accepted or admitted. The applicant (foreign student) must be accepted as a student by an approved Educational or Training Establishment. The International Office which is currently domiciled at the Directorate of Corporate Affairs facilitates the process of student pass (Visa).
- A duly filled, signed and stamped application Form 30, by the institution's authorized personnel. You will print out the form at the end of the application for a Student Visa.
- Detailed and Signed Cover letter addressed to the Director of Immigration Services from the institution indicating the course to be pursued and the duration
- Signed commitment letter from the sponsor or sponsoring institution or proof of funds for self-sponsored students
- National passport copy of the sponsor/parent or guardian.
- Copy of a valid national passport (the bio-data page)
- Current immigration status for the pupil/student(If in the country)
- Two (2) recent passport size color photos.
- Duly certified Copies of basic academic certificates.
- Documents in foreign languages should be translated into English by either the Embassy, Public Notary, or authorized /recognized institution
- Clearance letter from Department of Refugee Affairs for refugees.
- Police Clearance Certificate from the country of origin, or if a resident, from the Kenya Police Service